Body Mapping Mentorship
September 2019- July 2020
The Body Mapping Mentorship is a 10 month program to guide, inspire and support you as you integrate Body Mapping into your work as a therapist or artist. The program includes three weekend retreats in Bristol and five one-to-one sessions over the phone or Skype. The mentorship enables you to develop your particular way of body mapping within the context of your own project or on-going work.
The mentorship is now into it’s fourth year running and past participants are busy body mapping in the fields of psychotherapy supervision, women’s leadership and coaching, cultural identity, dance & movement psychotherapy, feminine awakening, pregnancy and early motherhood support, and women’s mental health.
“Deep, expansive and creative ! Those are the words that come when I think of my 10 months experience in The Body Mapping Mentorship with Annette. Such a precious space to explore, create and recreate my own unique way of integrating body mapping into my practice. I really appreciate the insights of everyone, the collaboration and the personal time I was given.” – Samiel Carolina Rodriguez Barros – Personal Coach, Women’s Health www.daretoglow.com
Who is the mentorship for?
It is for anyone who would like to bring body mapping into their creative and therapeutic work. Participants need to be qualified and currently working creative arts therapists, psychotherapists or counsellors. First-hand experience of body mapping is essential and can be gained prior to the mentorship in one or several of the Body Mapping Intensives for Women running throughout the year.
What does the mentorship offer you?
- A starting point to conceive of body mapping in your working practice
- The space to explore various aspects of the body mapping process, try out old and new approaches, ask questions, find answers and follow your own specific interest within the work
- My presence and experience to guide you as you set up and facilitate your own body mapping within the context of your ongoing work.
- The company of others with whom to share your development as a body mapping practitioner
- A regular rhythm of learning, practice and reflection
- A 10 month cycle to bring to life your particular way of body mapping suited to your particular context of work
- A process that nurtures your own intuitive knowing, your unique skills and your inner authority to use them wisely
What the mentorship is not
- It does not provide step-by-step instruction of a body mapping formula which can then be reproduced in any given context
- It does not lead to a professional qualification, although certificates of participation are provided
- The mentorship does not offer placements or work opportunities. Participants need to have a secure work context in which to practice body mapping DURING the course of the mentorship
The mentorship scheme with Annette provided an integrated way of incorporating all elements of Body mapping tailored to my specific needs and practice. This is a wonderful scheme – highly recommended for practitioners who want to develop their work further. Sue Curtis – Dance Movement Psychotherapist, Lecturer and Supervisor. Goldsmith College, London
The mentorship includes three Weekend Retreats and regular one-to-one Mentoring Sessions (60min each) via Skype.
COST and DATES:
to be confirmed nearer the time
For more information please contact me here